#𝗦𝘂𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗟𝗼𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗣𝗵—𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘁 𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗿 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗸𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗽𝗹𝗼𝘆?
This is what H+H’s 2022 will be about—better understanding what local really is and how the idea of it resonates with the community.
𝗜𝗻 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭, 𝘄𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗼𝗴𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆:
• Embraced 3 partner makers in food and in crafts, directly contributing to the local economy
• Opened our space to a new team member empowering one community member at a time
• Spayed and neutered 2 community cats improving the health and safety of humans and animals alike.
In 2022, we will strive for sustainable progress in the same way that we always do—𝙏𝙊𝙂𝙀𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍.
𝗕𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿, 𝘄𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮 𝗱𝗲𝗲𝗽𝗲𝗿 𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴:
• The definition of ‘local’ from various viewpoints, especially in the Philippine setting
• How ‘local’ resonates with people in a community
• Which of our actions really create an impact for the local community.
A long journey—this one is.
But in a year’s time, we will all be a year older. And we would rather be a year wiser by then.
It’s 𝙚𝙭𝙘𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜, you know, to have 𝙮𝙤𝙪 in this path towards deeper and more intentional learning about the community. The idea of this is still quite vague at this time but we will figure it out together.